March 2019- As you file your personal tax return, make note if you paid too much tax throughout the year and now have to wait for CRA to pay you back for the interest free loan you gave them. You may be able to reduce or eliminate this by filing a TD1 with your employer to reduce the tax at source based on your personal credits. You can also file a T1213 and send it to CRA annually, so they can give you an approval to have your employer reduce your tax at source. If you do get a tax refund, recognize this isn’t a bonus. Its your hard earned money, so make good use of it by paying off high interest debts, contributing to your RRSP, or making an extra mortgage payment.