December 2021 – If you’ve been living and working in the United States, you’d have likely accumulated retirement savings while employed. Now that you’ve returned to Canada, you’re probably considering transferring the retirement savings you accumulated abroad to a Canadian registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)¹ but are concerned about the tax implications and the logistics associated with such a transfer. If you want to bring your US IRA and 401(k) retirement plans with you, there are a number of considerations and steps involved, so be sure to consult with your advisor to see if this strategy is right for your situation.